So are you missing the most important meal of the day? You shouldn’t be! You’ve heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day…well…because it is. Research shows that eating breakfast is vitally important to your health by controlling weight and your overall well-being. You may or may not have heard the saying that you should; “eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a Pauper. What this boils down to is that you want to consume 50% – 60% of your calories in the morning, then split the rest between your remaining meals, consuming the least amount of calories during dinner. Eating breakfast has also proves to enhance your performance in school and at work. But if you are going to start incorporating a breakfast meal…make sure it’s nutritious:
- Convert to skim milk. Better yet; rice, almond or coconut milk!
- Add fruit to you meal. Berries are the best!
- On the go…grab a breakfast bar. Don’t forget fruit like a banana!
- Eat a whole wheat bagel with low-fat cream cheese. Remember…”light”!
- Try my favorite; whole grain toast with almond butter. Especially when strength training…mmmmm!
Still missing the most important meal of the day? I hope not. If you have questions on nutrition or meal planning, visit www.totalufitness.com and share your questions with Tony and Michelle.